Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs Exercise

In this learning activity you'll use Maslow's Hierarchy and choose which need is taking precedence and which is being sacrificed in each situation.

You may also like

Ask a Question
Posted by jholbrook68 on 2/11/2015 11:34:51 AM Votes 0.00

Why is there a pyramid?

The triangle represents Maslow's hierarchy needs. It is catergorised into different levels of needs. We must accomplish the first level before we can reach the next level.

Posted by DebbieL on 10/15/2015 5:20:17 AM Reply

The triangle represents the needs of life.Starting with the basic needs and then progressing to the most challenging.

Posted by Nichola Lawrence on 1/12/2017 1:29:11 PM Reply

Maslow's hierarchy is most often displayed as a pyramid. The lowest levels of the pyramid are made up of the most basic needs, while the most complex needs are at the top of the pyramid.

Needs at the bottom of the pyramid are basic physical requirements including the need for food, water, sleep, and warmth. Once these lower-level needs have been met, people can move on to the next level of needs, which are for safety and security.

As people progress up the pyramid, needs become increasingly psychological and social. Soon, the need for love, friendship, and intimacy become important. Further up the pyramid, the need for personal esteem and feelings of accomplishment take priority

Posted by dlsteven on 9/19/2017 11:25:20 AM Reply

It is shown in a pyramid because the basic needs are the bottom with the most needed strength, once those are met it can gain the next level and so on.

Posted by Nancy Davis on 1/17/2018 10:08:33 PM Reply

Represents that first working towards meeting your basic and most important needs,you will then be able to strive for and meet your needs for personal growth

Posted by DKotsakis on 1/19/2018 6:26:27 PM Reply
Posted by Gerdastan on 5/24/2017 9:15:39 PM Votes 0.00

I think understand the Maslow`s hierarchy, but I can`t understand the exercise, can you pls help ?

• I agree, I cannot view the download even after I've downloaded it! I am googling this in order to finish the assignment.

1 Comment
    Posted by Marylou Lunsford on 9/6/2017 4:02:55 PM Votes 0.00

Email technical support at the link at the bottom of the page

Posted by Tom Thiel on 9/7/2017 8:08:21 AM Reply
  • The exercise in the Flash section would not allow me to enter answers into the specific tab. Flash updated and still not allowing me to enter any answers.

Posted by WODell4674 on 9/10/2017 2:39:39 PM Votes 0.00
Posted by Marylou Lunsford on 9/6/2017 3:55:12 PM Votes 1.00

I can't get the Maslow Hierarchy link to work H E L P!!

Posted by Marylou Lunsford on 9/6/2017 3:59:06 PM Votes 1.00

I download the Maslows Hierarchy but then it asks me to register AGAIN to see it when I click on it. I cannot view the download.

• If you are trying to download Maslows Hierarchy you need to be logged in to download the .zip file. You then need to extract the .zp file to click on the .html file inside. You should not be asked to register again. Sometimes Google will place ads that will include a download button near the actual blue download button.

Posted by Tom Thiel on 9/6/2017 4:04:58 PM Votes 0.00
  • I have been having the same problem and was finally able to download the Maslows Hierarchy content and answer the 6 questions. However, I don't see what our actual assignment is for a grade. Do you know?

Posted by Annette Braun on 9/9/2017 8:45:40 PM Votes 0.00
Posted by Marylou Lunsford on 9/6/2017 4:02:09 PM Votes 0.00

The pyramid shows that physiological "survival" needs outweigh all other needs. The higher the development of the individual the higher one is in self-actualization

Posted by Annette Braun on 9/9/2017 8:42:11 PM Votes 0.00

I was able to download the pyramid and answer the

6 questions. However, I don't see what our actual assignment for a grade is supposed to be.

Posted by Emalyn on 11/13/2017 11:44:47 AM Votes 0.00

where do you find the questions we are supposed to answer?

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

Learn more about the license »