Construction of the Cell Membrane

In this learning activity you'll study the structure of the cell membrane and construct it using the correct molecules.

Faculty Authors

By
01.08.02

Last Updated 04.08.16

By
01.08.02

Last Updated 04.08.16

Construction of the Cell Membrane has been viewed 655,704 times.

Ask a Question
Posted by mahal on 9/29/2014 9:02:25 AM Votes 0.00

preparation of reagents

1 Comment

This interactive is NOT working well.

#1 I can't drag any of the terms to its graphic.

#5 Can't drag fibrous protein to place in the membrane

Can not go after Question #5

Thanks

Posted by Purviben on 12/4/2014 8:35:50 PM Reply
  • If the learning object is not working correctly for you, it is usually because you are viewing it on an outdated browser such as Internet Explorer 9 or older.

0 Comments
    Posted by Tom Thiel on 9/14/2015 3:49:57 PM Votes 0.00
Posted by Darryl Milligan on 11/4/2014 12:40:24 PM Votes 1.00

This interactive is not working. I used it earlier this week and it was fine. Also, I downloaded it and it works fine as a download, but I would like my students to access this via the internet. Is there someone why can take a look at it. It seems like the start button may just be covered up.

1 Comment

We are not able to view this interactive.

Posted by ayah baydoun on 11/13/2014 8:52:32 PM Reply
Posted by Jody Schauers on 12/4/2014 1:56:55 PM Votes 0.00

Your interactive only works up to page 4 then shuts down. Is there a fix??? I really enjoy this interactive and use it with my students in biology class?

0 Comments
  • I have forwarded this error on to our developers. Thank you for pointing it out to us.

0 Comments
    Posted by Tom Thiel on 12/4/2014 2:22:07 PM Votes 0.00

0 Comments
    Posted by Tom Thiel on 9/14/2015 3:50:46 PM Votes 0.00
Posted by sow daouda on 3/2/2015 3:36:40 PM Votes 0.00

what is the name of joint and the bones that make the joint on flexion

0 Comments
Posted by CALUM CARRUTHERS on 9/14/2015 2:34:38 PM Votes 0.00

why is the cell membrane considered semi-permeable? explain

0 Comments
  • Semi-permeable means "allowing certain substances to pass through it but not others, especially allowing the passage of a solvent but not of certain solutes." The cell membrane allows some things to pass through, and not others, which is why it needs transport proteins to let the other things through that the cell needs.

0 Comments
    Posted by Faith Song on 2/4/2016 3:48:59 PM Votes 0.00
Posted by Valeria on 9/22/2015 12:23:00 AM Votes 0.00

Why does the cell membrane have transport proteins ?

0 Comments
Posted by trayvon d. on 12/4/2015 12:08:57 PM Votes 0.00

what type of molecules can easily go through your cell membrane or are PERMEABLE to the cell membrane

0 Comments
Posted by 413 on 1/17/2016 6:20:20 PM Votes 0.00

can someone tell me

how am i able to download this?

0 Comments
  • Downloading a learning object.

To download a learning object simply click the "Download a Copy" link located underneath the title of the object. You will then be directed to a download page where you will click the BLUE "Download" button at the bottom of the page.

To view the learning object, right click on the file to unzip or extract the files from the folder and then click on the .html file to play the animation in your browser.

0 Comments
    Posted by Tom Thiel on 1/18/2016 10:56:31 AM Votes 0.00
 Start a new Discussion

Outstanding! I hope more is on the way?

Posted by Ed Johnson on 1/18/2006 12:00:00 AM Reply

Excellent work. My 4th grader is studing cells in school and this will be a great learning tool for her and it was fun also. We need more people like you that care.

Posted by barbara fields on 9/30/2008 12:00:00 AM Reply

this helped is great

Posted by deaja chance on 10/12/2010 7:27:20 PM Reply

I like the graphics which have been used in it and it is full or information. I would suggest every one to try.

Posted by Liaquat Ali Bhutto on 7/17/2008 12:00:00 AM Reply

At first I was very nervous about using a website to learn about the cell membrane. I was very scared and didnt want to use it. Like many of you, I didnt want to receive false information. However my teacher strongly recommended this website to me. Ever since, I use it daily for study purposes. I recently got a hundred on my test! Thank you guys for changing me from a website fearing boy to a website using man! I will use you in the future! I hope to learn about subatomic particles in the future!

Posted by Logan Connolly on 10/30/2013 11:13:47 AM Reply

This is a GREAT website. I love it...

Posted by Logan Connolly on 10/30/2013 11:06:57 AM Reply